How I Can Help
Organizational Perspective: Design; competencies; behavior/culture; processes
I can assist you in answering these questions:
- Do inventory planners understand the key tradeoffs and their impact?
- Do forecasters understand how to blend quantitative and qualitative data and collaborate with stakeholders to manage demand?
- Do managers understand now to organize and motivate for results? Do they know how to plan out interactions that raise performance and enhance morale?
- Do executives know how to instill loyalty and drive dedication? Are there immediate opportunities to improve?
- Are functional areas driven by dysfunctional, opposing metrics? How should they be aligned?
Insight – Data-driven evaluation of cause and effect, particularly at the process level (both execution and decision processes); development of analytical tools to help people think more effectively and execute more efficiently.
I can help you understand these issues:
- Hidden costs of proliferating product lines
- The nature of uncertainty in the forecast/demand plan
- Opportunities for improved scheduling and the ROI
- What timely, user or manager level data can enable better decisions with or without new software
- What kinds of low-cost analytical tools can improve purchasing and inventory performance
- How much of your business is unprofitable and what to do about it
Execution – With faster and better decisions and plans, improve and enable execution processes to add the most value with the least effort.
Creating a better process takes more than following a methodology. It takes perspective and insight as well as sensible structure. Many times a “blank sheet of paper” can uncover opportunities that are missed when teams are too close to the weeds.
I can help you address with these challenges:
- Navigating the opportunities and risks in attacking roadblocks to leaner execution
- Determining where an analysis of process variation will yield opportunities to control it and where it will limit creativity and initiative